TSF PROCESS – MAPPING OF ACTIVITIES AND KNOW-HOW
- Position: Payroll clerk;
- Context: retirement, no replacement;
- Challenges: 20 years of service in the function. Knowledge of the different benefits packages in force during the period;
- Mission: comprehensive view of the activities and workload to prepare the distribution of the activity within the team;
- Deliverable: Mapping of the activities and know-how;
- Contribution: Identification of two activities that do not appear on the job description, at risk because they mobilize a not shared know-how.
MAPPING OF ACTIVITIES AND KNOW-HOW
- Position: Finance Manager and co-founder of a start-up;
- Context: resignation after take-over. One month’s notice;
- Challenges: very broad area of responsibility and experience. Little documentation and procedures.
- Mission: overview of his activities and know-how. Identification of the activities at risk;
- Deliverable: Mapping of the activities and know-how. Prioritization of activities according to their economic impact and the required know-how;
- Contribution: Choice of the 3 critical areas to transfer to three different persons. Organization of a peer-to-peer transfer process.
MAPPING OF ACTIVITIES AND KNOW-HOW
- Position: external consultant working for different departments;
- Context: end of the contract after more than 10 years of cooperation;
- Challenges: lack of cooperation from the consultant in this phase. Lack of communication between the internal departments on the contributions of the consultant;
- Mission: provide a global view of the activities of the consultant and identify the know-how provided for each activity;
- Deliverable: Mapping of the activities and know-how of the consultant, from the point of view of each of his internal clients. Consolidation of maps for a general and shared view,
- Contribution: Identification of critical know-how that can be provided internally. Implementation of a transfer program in other areas.
PEDAGOGICAL MENTORING FOR EXPERTS
- Position: International Pricing Manager, responsible for pricing methods applied by Pricing Managers of more than 40 affiliates abroad;
- Context: many errors;
- Challenges: technical specialists with communication difficulties. Conditions of application specific to each affiliate;
- Mission: Assist the International Pricing Manager in setting up a training / assistance system;
- Deliverable: implementation of a training program in the form of a seminar with case studies;
- Contribution: 60% reduction of errors. Interactivity allowing the feedback of information from subsidiaries and the exchange of best practices. International Pricing Manager self-sufficient for conducting the training.
MAPPING OF ACTIVITIES AND KNOW-HOW AND PEDAGOGICAL MENTORING
- Position: Key-User on an ERP. More than 500 KU worldwide operating;
- Context: 6 years after ERP deployment, assessment of the function evolution, skills and tools. Lack of a formal handover process;
- Challenges: Challenges: The Key-User function is a transverse function that is not taken into account in HR processes. Very different operating environments;
- Mission: mapping of activities and know-how of key-users operating in different environments. Consolidation to create a « template » to be used for job description and handover;
- Deliverable: 8 key-users mapping and consolidation. Implementation of a formal handover process based on a check-list;
- Contribution: effective synthesis of different situations. Check-list based information provided by the KU’s themselves, easily adopted by the entire network.